Saturday, April 30, 2011

Chicago Politics and the New Technology

Rahm Emanuel

Just a few months ago, I sent Momma an email
I wrote: Our next mayor is gonna be that dude -
Rahm Emanuel
And, Momma wrote back. She asked, "Who?"
I replied, "Momma, you know - he's that dude,
who is the Chief of Staff to Obama.

Momma wrote back, "President Obama?"
I repllied, Yes, the dude born in Hawaii
who moved to Chicago in the mid Eighties
Momma emailed me back, "The 1980's?"

Yes Momma, Obama is a product of the 20th Century
Momma emailed me back, "Oh yeah, Obama was
the head of the Treasury."

I replied, No Momma, President Obama
was an Organizer, an Illinois Senator,
then a Senator of the United States

Momma wrote back and said, "My memory
is about to fail me, so why don't you email
a dish of spaghetti - the proper rememdy
and maybe a few Strawberry Shakes.


R.J. Fico

No comments:

Post a Comment